Day 2! Crystal Mill Fall Color Photography Workshop with American Photo Treks
September 30, 2020
Out of stock
Day 2! Fall in Colorado is too big for just one day. The Crystal Mill! Full day Fall Color, 4x4 Adventure with American Photo Treks!
The Crystal Mill is one of the most iconic Colorado photos. If you’re a Colorado photographer your portfolio isn’t complete without a beautiful photo of the mill surrounded by fall colors.
American Photo Treks has an amazing day planned for you. We’ll begin by taking you to a great little ghost town where the buildings are set in aspens. Then it’s up the Capital Creek trail. Stopping at one great fall color scene after another. The top of Capital Creek is tough to get to, but the view is worth the trip.
Then it’s off to Marble and the 4x4 road along the Crystal River. The ride is fun and fall color photos at Beaver Pond and Lizard Lake are secret gems. The trip culminates at the spectacular Crystal Mill.
It’s a full day, full of fun, friendship and great photos.
We have years of experience with Canon, Nikon and Sony Camera systems, so we can provide in-depth assistance with your particular camera.
Start Wednesday, September 30, 2020 @ 6:00am
End Wednesday, September 30, 2020 approximately 9:00pm
We will meet just outside Aspen where you will load up in the APT 4x4s
Limited to 9 participants. We are driving you.
- David Soldano (Sony)
- Ken Childress (Nikon)
- Lars Leber (Canon)
The Photography Workshop:
• Please read the following information carefully
• We will meet just outside Aspen
• Weather can be an issue, as conditions can be unpredictable in Colorado. We will be watching the weather and forecast as the date approaches. If we have to cancel due to weather, we will issue full refunds.
• Please keep in mind that predicting fall colors is not an exact science. We’ve scheduled the workshop based on our experience with these locations.
What you need:
• Please bring a sack lunch and snacks. We will be making one stop at a gas station in Carbon Dale
• DSLR Camera
• Lenses: wide angle, zoom, etc.
• Tripod (Extremely recommended)
• ND filters and/or Graduating ND filters (Extremely recommended)
• Shutter release
• Dress warmly in layers as we will be shooting in the early morning and late evening in September. Please bring a Jacket, hat, and gloves. I like using hand warmers in the early morning.
Please note you will be required to sign a liability waiver. All instructors are first-aid trained.
Out of stock