Milky Way Photography & Bristlecone Pines
August 6, 2021 – Fairplay, CO
6 in stock
Note: Our Cancellation Policy has changed. Please read the Terms and Conditions below before signing up for this workshop.
Bristlecone pine trees are the oldest living things on the planet. Their gnarled and rugged profiles make beautiful and interesting photographic foregrounds. American Photo Treks will take you to our favorite Bristlecone forest and capture these beautiful trees at dusk, sunset and under the Milky Way. The workshop will include subtle light painting designed to show off the intricate patterns in these beautiful trees.
Join David Soldano, Ken Childress, and Lars Leber for a night of sunset and Milky Way photography.
Getting to these trees requires 4WD vehicles with higher clearance. We will provide transportation from Fairplay. Arrangements can be made to meet us at predesignated areas along the route.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Camera (capable of ISO 3200+)
- Fast lens (f/2.8 or faster), wide angle ideal
- Shutter release
- Dress warmly in layers
Friday night/Saturday morning August 6/7, 2021
We will be parking close to the location where we will be photographing the Milky Way, so very mild hiking will be involved.
The exact location will be sent out the week prior to the workshop.
- If we have to cancel the workshop due to weather, the workshop will be rescheduled and you will have the option to request a refund or be automatically RSVP'd for the rescheduled workshop.
- We will be assisting with composition, exposure, etc. to help ensure that you return with photographs you will be happy with. We are familiar with Canon, Nikon, and Sony cameras. It is assumed that you know the basics of your camera operation.
- We will be sending out recommended shooting settings prior to the workshop. Please test them on your camera and lens prior to the workshop.
- After the workshop, a link to a short processing video will be sent to all attendees to give you a starting point for processing your images from the night.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Once paid, all workshop registration fees and deposits are non-refundable unless explicitly stated otherwise.
- If a workshop is cancelled by American Photo Treks, a full refund will be given.
- If a workshop is full, and a cancelled spot can be filled by another registrant, a refund will be given minus a 10% processing fee.
- If a workshop is cut short due to forces out of the control of American Photo Treks, there will be no refunds given.
- This includes, but is not limited to, such events as Acts of God, Unexpected Closures, Sickness, Passage of Law, or any action taken by governmental or public authorities, Pandemics, or registrant no-shows.
- American Photo Treks is not responsible for airline tickets, hotel costs, other tickets or payments, weather delays, or any other costs and/or expenses because of trip cancellation or changes.
- American Photo Treks is not responsible for any factors such as weather, road closures, delays, etc. that may prevent a participant from attending a workshop.
- American Photo Treks strongly recommends the purchase of travel insurance to protect your investment in costs incurred to attend a workshop. American Photo Treks is an affiliate of Roam Right Travel Insurance.
- Please allow 30 days to process any refunds.
The weather in Colorado can be unpredictable. We will be watching the conditions closely the day prior and day of the workshop. Please be watching your email for updates earlier in the day prior to the workshop time.
If we make the decision to proceed with the workshop, it is because we expect conditions to be favorable for photographing the Milky Way. In some cases, there may be cloud cover when the workshop starts. If this is the case, it is because we expect conditions to clear. It may take a couple of hours for this to occur. If you leave early due to conditions and the conditions improve, no refunds or other consideration will be given.
You will be required to read, sign, and return the American Photo Treks LLC liability waiver.
6 in stock