Milky Way Photography at Independence Pass
June 11, 2021
Out of stock
INDEPENDENCE PASS MILKY WAY PHOTOGRAPHY
This workshop is a two-part adventure
1st - We will be trekking to the top of Independence Pass to photograph the Milky Way reflecting in the summit ponds. We will also photograph the Milky Way in various compositions around the summit.
2nd - We will be moving down the pass and capturing the Milky Way over Independence Ghost Town. There, we will illustrate low level lighting techniques to create foregrounds that add dramatic impact to your images.
A full night of capturing fantastic Milky Way images you'll be proud to share and hang in your home.
We will meet at a location in Buena Vista, then caravan to the top of the pass. If you would rather ride, there will be seats available in our vehicles or you can make arrangements to carpool with another attendee at the meeting location.
As always, we will provide you with a guide to your camera settings and shooting tips, then assist you at the shoot site, then provide a post-production video, so your image will come out great.
Join Lars Leber, David Soldano, Ken Childress and for a very fun night of night photography.
Please read the following information carefully for your RSVP to be completed.
Refunds are given if the participant cancels two weeks prior to the scheduled workshop. If cancellation occurs within the two-week period prior to the workshop, a refund will be given if the spot is able to be filled by another participant. All refunds are subject to a 10% cancellation fee.
Weather can be an issue. Conditions can be unpredictable. We will be watching the weather and forecast as the date approaches. If we have to cancel due to weather, we will issue full refunds.
You will be required to read, sign, and return the American Photo Treks LLC liability waiver.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Camera (capable of at least ISO 3200)
- Fast lens (f/2.8 or faster), wide angle (24mm or wider) is ideal
- Tripod (sturdy and reliable. Test it before the workshop)
- Shutter release (optional)
- Dress warmly in layers (good quality hiking shoes are recommended)
Friday night June 11, 2021
At the summit of Independence Pass, we will be parking close to the location where we will be photographing the Milky Way, so no strenuous hiking will be involved.
We will be photographing the Milky Way and night sky at the summit of Independence Pass.
- If we have to cancel the workshop due to weather, refunds will be issued.
- We will send out the exact meeting location several days before the event.
- We will be assisting with composition, exposure, etc. to help ensure that you return with Milky Way photographs you'll be happy with. We are familiar with Canon, Nikon, and Sony cameras. It is assumed that you know the basics of your camera operation.
- After the workshop, a link to a short processing video will be sent to all attendees to give you a starting point for processing your images from the night. A more detailed Milky Way processing class will be offered later in the summer.
If RSVPs are full, but you would like to attend, please indicate that you want a spot and send us your phone number. If we have a last minute cancellation, we’ll call you.
Out of stock