Milky Way Photography at Eleven Mile Reservoir
May 14, 2021
2 in stock
ELEVEN MILE MILKY WAY PHOTOGRAPHY
The Milky Way explodes from the sky in this beautiful dark sky location. This time of year, it creates a dynamic arch over the eastern horizon. Eleven Mile Reservoir and State Park provides beautiful foreground compositions for the arcing Milky Way. So, this year we are returning to one of our favorite locations to capture the splendor of the landscape and stars.
We will be shooting in multiple locations close to the parking lot. Perhaps the tent, or some other interesting things might appear again for this workshop.
Join David Soldano, Ken Childress, and Lars Leber for a night of Milky Way photography. We will help you get some shots you'll be happy with.
We will be meeting at Eleven Mile Reservoir, which is within 1.5 hours of Colorado Springs. The exact time and location will be sent Thursday evening prior to the workshop.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Camera (capable of ISO 3200+)
- Fast lens (f/2.8 or faster), wide angle ideal
- Shutter release
- Dress warmly in layers
Saturday night/Sunday morning May 14-15, 2021
We will be parking close to the location where we will be photographing the Milky Way, so no strenuous hiking will be involved.
We will be photographing at Eleven Mile Reservoir in Eleven Mile State Park. The exact locations are TBD. The specific locations will be sent out Thursday evening prior to the workshop.
- This is a state park. Therefore, there is a $9.00 fee per vehicle. There is an honor pay system. Please be prepared with cash to pay the fee. Carpooling from our meeting location is suggested.
- Please understand the weather can be somewhat unpredictable. Be prepared to drive as much as an hour from the meeting site in the event the conditions are more favorable at an alternate location.
- If we have to cancel the Meetup due to weather, the Meetup will be rescheduled and you will have the option to request a refund, or be automatically RSVP'd for the rescheduled Meetup.
- It is suggested that carpooling be done if possible. This will be a late night, so company while driving increases safety. We are not organizing transportation for this outing.
- We will be assisting with composition, exposure, etc. to help ensure that you return with Milky Way photographs you'll be happy with. We are familiar with Canon, Nikon, and Sony cameras. It is assumed that you know the basics of your camera operation.
- We will be sending out recommended shooting settings prior to the workshop. Please test them on your camera and lens prior to the workshop.
- After the workshop, a link to a short processing video will be sent to all attendees to give you a starting point for processing your images from the night.
Refunds are given if the participant cancels two weeks prior to the scheduled workshop. If cancellation occurs within the two-week period prior to the workshop, a refund will be given if the spot is able to be filled by another participant. All refunds are subject to a 10% cancellation fee.
The weather in Colorado can be unpredictable. We will be watching the conditions closely the day prior and day of the workshop. Please be watching your email for updates earlier in the day prior to the workshop time.
If we make the decision to proceed with the workshop, it is because we expect conditions to be favorable for photographing the Milky Way. In some cases, there may be cloud cover when the workshop starts. If this is the case, it is because we expect conditions to clear. It may take a couple of hours for this to occur. If you leave early due to conditions and the conditions improve, no refunds or other consideration will be given.
You will be required to read, sign, and return the American Photo Treks LLC liability waiver.
2 in stock