Photographing Horses in Beautiful Winter Scenes
01/25/2020 @ 6:00 am - 3:00 pm$365.00
Have you ever wanted to capture images of horses running straight at you in a dramatic winter scene? How about a beautiful herd running free against a beautiful Colorado mountain skyline? Or capture the power and beauty of these animals as they’re being expertly wrangled? Well, now is your chance. American Photo Treks has teamed up with Music Meadows horse ranch near Westcliffe, Colorado to check those magnificent images off your bucket list.
You’ll be strategically positioned to capture a herd of beautiful, multi-colored horses as they are wrangled by expert cowboys. The APT instructors will give you the necessary instruction in order to capture the images perfectly, then we will provide a post-production video so you can turn your favorite image into a living room showpiece.
We will begin by shooting the sunrise against the snow-capped Rockies. Then we will take a little time to learn about the animals and the proper settings/techniques to photograph them properly. The wranglers will then run the herd through many different patterns designed to create stunning and dramatic images. We are anticipating snow, based on the area and time for year, but as always, mother-nature is in charge.
Coffee, coco and pastries are provided in the morning and later lunch will be provided by the ranch as well.
We’ll also spend a little time inside the barn where there are beautiful, detailed saddles, reigns, chaps etc. which make beautiful pictures themselves.
We need a minimum of 8 attendees for this workshop to go, Max is 12.
So, who’s in?
What you need:
- Telephoto len(s) 70-200 200mm+
- Tripod / Monopod (optional)
- Dress warmly in layers
- Please understand the weather can be somewhat unpredictable. We will make our best judgement by noon on Thursday before the workshop to determine if the conditions will be favorable.
- If we have to cancel the Meetup due to weather, the workshop will be rescheduled and you will have the option to request a refund, or be automatically RSVP’d for the rescheduled Meetup.
- We will be assisting with composition, exposure, etc. to help ensure that you return with photographs you’ll be happy with. We are familiar with Canon, Nikon, and Sony cameras. It is assumed that you know the basics of your camera operation.
- We will be sending out recommended shooting settings prior to the workshop. Please test them on your camera and lens prior to the workshop.
- After the workshop, a link to a short processing video will be sent to all attendees to give you a starting point for processing your images.
A full refund will be given if cancellation is made by 9:00 pm, Saturday, January 11, 2019. After that, no refunds will be given unless your spot is filled. If your spot can be filled, a full refund will be given.
The weather in Colorado can be unpredictable. We will be watching the conditions closely the day prior and day of the workshop. Please be watching your email for updates earlier in the day prior to the workshop time.
If American Photo Treks have to cancel the workshop due to weather or another factor, a full refund will be issued to all attendees.
You will be required to read, sign, and return a Liability Waiver form.
Please email completed form to email@example.com. Please include a contact phone number so that we can reach you in the event of any last minute changes.